Thursday, December 30, 2010

It's New Year's Eve and it's hot

so I thought I'd escape to St Davids for a while.
We'll start at The City - the least attractive of the pubs unless you live in Nodffa Dewi where my grandparents lived - it is the closest pub and my grandfather loved the view from the bay window.  We'll walk down to Nun Street.
Cuppla my favourite houses.  I love this plant growing on the gate-post above.
We have passed Mathias Hardware - it always amuses me when I think of Bunnings...
Past the Indian Restaurant where Georgia and I went for a glass of red and garlic nahn on her first night in St Davids.  I think it's called Saffron.  Definitely the most exotic place in St Davids.
The restaurant is on the corner of Mum's favourite laneway.

Now to my favourite fruit & veg shop which is / was undergoing a face-lift.
Nearly back to the Cross at the centre of St Davids.
It must be Thursday cos the market is on!!
That's better.  Ready for a feed of spring rolls from the Wentworth Central Motel now.

3 comments:

  1. By my reckoning, you posted this at about 5pm on new year's eve, 31st of December, Wentworth-on-Darling time, but the date and time on the posting are 9.59pm, 30th December. Perhaps you really were transported to St Davids!

    The goddess moves in mysterious ways!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She certainly does! Especially when she's dancing. Have a great night. See you soonish.
    XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd forgotten about the garlic naan!!! I was still reeling a bit from the travel I think. It was really good. And I can't believe that I missed the market- felt like I was there for AT LEAST a week, but really it was only 5 days.
    So nice to see St. Davids again...gives me a little lift.

    ReplyDelete