Tuesday, July 16, 2024

Raising a glass

It seems timely.  Only 1 week of the Tour de France to go.  As the Floosie suggests, let's raise a glass to the Tour of Pembrokeshire.

The Prep:
Team Mark gets ready

The Route:

Tough Opposition:
gathering at The Big School

The Start:
note the yellow gaiters coming up on the right

our man Mark in those unmistakable yellow gaiters

The Spectacular Crowd:
that became a percussion band
https://www.sambadoc.org.uk/ - they're amazing!
And I love their outfits.

The Waiting:
hours spent waiting for the yellow gaiters
Thank goodness for the band.

Arrière de Peleton:
the band's packed up.  Where's our man Mark?

Bloody hell!
Hummmph.
All riders back at home base, aka the cooling beer tent.
  He'd taken his gaiters off - too hot - and slipped past me as I rocked with the band.

The Proud Sponsors:
Celebrations all round.
My cwrw clôs at David's feet.

The Proud Medalist:
Well placed, and well done!!!!
Back to carb loading.
iechyd da!!
🍻

1 comment:

  1. Yay for the Tour - any Tour excites me, but I did like seeing the map of the route, the outfits, the band, the spectators. It did look a bit chilly though. Loved Mark's yellow gaiters. You've gone all Welsh and I had to have some words translated. This is what it said about the beer: A twist on a classic bitter, with balanced character, hints of burnt sugar, cedar and spicy citrus with subtle honey notes”. Sounds yummy. I was rather pleased with myself when I predicted your final phrase as 'cheers' - near enough. Perhaps you have ideas now for a Tour de Triabunna along with a colourful band??? FF awaits news of this.

    ReplyDelete