Saturday, October 19, 2013

The inevitable

Yesterday was heavy rain and wind so I stayed home and read.  Today I was a little stir-crazy (interesting news item here in Wales about a girl who was killed by 4 dogs in a friend's house.  The current enquiry isn't into the girl's death but into the mistreatment of animals.  The dogs were said to be 'stir crazy' from being kept in the house) so I thought it was time to climb Carn Llidi.
The cromlech was to be my bolt-hole if the rain got too heavy.


I had to stay on the lee-side cos the wind was too strong - too strong to clamber up the final bit of rock.
I came home via a road I haven't walked before.

 Very agricultural until the city appears over the left hedgerow.
As I had hoped, the road went along the back of the Bishops Palace.
 Georgia's rose window is under repair
and the rooks from the Merrivale were on guard.

2 comments:

  1. It's fun to explore the impressive website dedicated to St David's and then make comparisons with your photos and experiences, Maggie! Both show the beauty and rich culture of the place a treat. (Don't you get blown off any beetling crags, now.....we need you back!) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah the cromlech, apparently you can only find it when you are on your own. Jealous of the rain and weather...although it's plenty rainy here at the moment too..

    ReplyDelete