Saturday, August 3, 2024

Didn't we have a lovely time

the day we went to Broadhaven.  It wasn't all nostalgia and meditation.  New memories were made too.  David and Frances decided on a day trip.  I wasn't sure whether I'd ever been to Broadhaven.  We set off towards Haverfordwest but this time took a road along Newgale Beach that I didn't know existed. Here's adventure!  
It was one of the prettiest roads I've ever been on - beautiful drive along the clifftops and then briefly inland through dreamy villages and country lanes.  This is the area where High Haven, the church for sale mentioned in my previous post, is.  We drove towards Broadhaven and, as we approached, were greeted by the most amazing sight.
We parked and investigated.
We'd stumbled upon the White Horse Kite Flyers.
What a  joyous way to enjoy the beach with family and friends.
Joy upon joy, there was also a seafront pizza cafe
where I had my only pizza for the entire holiday.

and some pigs don't fly

But they were flying the day I joined St David and his sidekick Rhygfarch the Wise for a tour of his city.
It was silly and very good fun.  The route from Oriel y Parc, through town, to the cathedral was one I walked just about every day but it was interpreted through young irreverent eyes.  Click here and  You too can do it!  Can't promise you'll get to hold the leek at the end though.

1 comment:

  1. That tour must have been hilarious and certainly a different way of seeing (and understanding) a place. The kite flying must have been glorious although I can't say I'm a fan of that brown sand. Would have liked a photo of one of the 'dreamy villages' you drove though on that lovely drive.

    ReplyDelete