Friday, August 23, 2024

Goodbye Wales

 Sad but true, the day must come...
but I can travel there anytime with this lovely little book.

And now it's your turn.
The Floosie sent me this card before I left for Wales.  She said: "I thought this scene looked a little 'Wales-ish'".  What do YOU reckon?
It certainly captures the joy I feel there.  I didn't see any fox hunters, thank goodness.  But there's the book cupboard at Mathry, the ferry from Fishguard to Ireland, the light-house at Strumble Head (although I didn't go there this time), windy roads, a humpy bridge, gabled houses, treeless hills and a cathedral with a ruined Bishops Palace.  Not a bad guess.

2 comments:

  1. What a delightful card!!!! Oh dear - I didn't notice the fox hunter, nor the fox. Do they still do that now? But I loved the feel of the countryside. If I remember correctly you circumnavigated Ramsey Island - or did I remember incorrectly? I have enjoyed visiting Pembrokeshire with you over the last few blogs and feel I know so much more about this part of the world and the people who live and work there. St Davids in particular. Thanks for sharing your adventures. Your photos, too, have brought these places to life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I circumnavigated Ramsey Island. One of the highlights of my life. I know you're not so keen on boats and rough seas. I remember our ferry ride from Williamstown to St Kilda... XXXX

    ReplyDelete