Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Barcelona!!!

The day dawned bright and warm.  Sadly Mum broke her front teeth chomping on some muesli so she was a little dispirited but we soldiered on.  Les drove us to Blanes Station
from where we caught the train to Barcelona. The train follows the coast and the beaches are mesmerising (and not just the nudist beaches).  On arrival we walked down the wavy Ramblas.  I was so overwhelmed with being there, the 'statues', the tourists, the boulevard, the vision, I totally forgot to take any photos.  We then went to the market which again was so overwhelming that I knew I could never capture the colour and atmosphere.  Next we caught the Blue Turista Bus.  The price for this was included in our train tickets and was amazing value.  We sat at the top of the open-air bus, of course, and let Barcelona unfold around us.
 immense city, intimate spaces
 and Gaudi of course
checkout that angel just sitting there
I love New Yorkers for Central Park and I love the Barcelonians for La Sagrada Familia.  Cities with souls that can't be bought...
Mum and I at a cafe opposite the Temple - it had been a BIG day.
and Momery planning another big day for tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. So lovely to finally see your photos of SPain and to hear your adventures. I KNEW you'd love it.

    ReplyDelete