Thursday, August 26, 2010

Thursday in Spain

Beach yesterday, mountains today.  Les and Rose love this drive.  First off to a sight Tasmanians know only too well
Here's my Mum and Rose's car - note Mum's glass is not too far away...
Then on to a place I found curious
not just because they put nativity scenes in old ham tins
but also because they have an anti-violence against the elderly poster at a spot where an old guy threw a young woman over the cliff (admittedly she didn't want to marry an old blind guy and intended to throw him off the cliff).  I think the final outcome is warning enough.
There's also a church here.
Then off to delightful alpine village for lunch.
This is the welcoming well.
And then look at this.  I was beside myself - filet crochet everywhere.
I love filet crochet but have never had a house where it seems appropriate.  I was led pondering such matters to a fine restaurant
Fortunately I am easily distracted...
and on that cheerful note I shall leave you and finish our day in the mountains in the next posting.
XXXX

2 comments:

  1. ooooh, I'm sure some filet crochet would look perfect in Belle Rive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm yes. As I wrote about the restaurant I thought George and Matt could do this somewhere near the skifields in Vermont... so if you do, I'll start crocheting.
    XXXX

    ReplyDelete