Saturday, November 16, 2013

Singapore - Gardens by the Bay 'Where Wonder Blooms'

I thought I'd resume blogging with Singapore - may work back from there. See how the spirit moves me...  If you've looked at Georgia's blog, you'll know we went to the truly wondrous Gardens by the Bay.
The Gardens are lush and green
 and architectural too.
Like fireworks and fountains.
The apparently floating baby stuns  visually and technically - the sculpture is bronze and rests on the back of the hand touching the ground.

This mother and baby made me think of Shanah and Archie.
There are many sculptures
which Georgia loved.
Tarzan was elusive

but these guys were happy to play along.
It was afterall Deepavali.



It was a riot of colour and elephants.
My Mum would love it.
 Then you need a nice cup of ginger flower tea.
(I also had small but perfectly formed bouillabaisse - it could have been served in an egg cup)
 But there are reminders of domestic chores
and thoughts of home
and it is time to go.


1 comment:

  1. Beeeautiful Singapore! Your photos give an excellent idea of the sensual impact, Maggie!

    ReplyDelete