Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Summer Solstice

We had the most perfect summer's day - warm and blue skies.  Mum and I walked to St Justinian's then around the cliffs to Whitesands.  Had another yummy lunch (brie, bacon and cranberry pannini and grilled vegetable pannini for those who like to know these things) at the beach cafe then lolled around on the sand, sleeping, reading, paddling - it was heaven.
The lifeboat station at St Justinian's.  It is a working lifeboat station but you can also go on boatrides to and around Ramsey Island.  They are sort of jet boats so are driven with panache to make the girls scream and boys with very low slung jeans be very cool.  Note the swirl in the water.
But Mum and I could not dally and set forth and north for White sands, passing Porthselau on the way.  To my great delight a father and young child were playing with a sleek black dog who looked like a certain dog I know and love.  Here she is swimming after a thrown stick.  I have obliterated the child with a blade of grass (I've been reading a book called Dogs and Godesses...)
Here's Mum about to cross a little rill running down to the beach via a beautiful flat stone.
On to Whitesands - perfection in beachhood today.
Behind where I took the photo is a house set into the cliff, fully grown over by grass with the windows the only giveaway.  And now beachstyle in Britain...

3 comments:

  1. OOH THAT's lovely that is. And thank you for letting me know what kind of thing I will be eating- ONE WEEK until I leave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come on I don't believe it was a real kelpie, of even close and Dad has always told me that heaven is located around 42 degrees south 147 degrees east surely there aren't two heavens.

    love

    Dr Siss
    Dad and Rosy are too busy vacuuming to blog this morning

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I think you'd think it was pretty heavenly here at the moment - and that was one lucky dog at Porthselau, obvioulsy much loved by his Dad and little brother. Give your Dad a big kiss.
    XXXX

    ReplyDelete