Wednesday, June 2, 2010

When in KL, eat paella


It turns out that the hotel we are staying in in KL is part of a Spanish chain so Mum was able to have her first paella.  This also will be good training for when we are in Spain.  We had 1 lovely warm day in Kuala Lumpur and 2 lovely airconditioned nights - the consequence of arriving late at night and leaving early in the morning.  England was beautifully misty and rainy when we arrrived on Monday and to my great joy continued like this on Tuesday.  We had a walk along the Grand Union Canal and bossed a poor chap who was driving 2 barges down the canal on his own to look out for 3 little ducklings who'd got trapped in the lock chamber.  Today (Wednesday) Mum and I walked into Watford via a beautiful park to do essential things like buy an adaptor so that Australian electricals can be charged in UK.  Now I have to find out how to SMS Australia with my new simcard.  There was a time you didn't need to know these things.
[I have just discovered that Steve has posted a collage of photos of my departure from Wentworth / Mildura last Friday on the Our House blog.]

6 comments:

  1. So good to start hearing about your adventures- I've been tuning in every day in eager anticipation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maggie- can you email me...I really want to see if I can make it over. Need to see when and where I could stay and all the rest of it.
    G

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have tried emailing you again today, George, ie Tuesday 8 June - basically said that the times you have chosen are perfect - any time in June to the second week of July. We'll get a cottage for when you are here - the Visitor Centre thinks there'll be some available. You will need to catch a train from Paddington Station (the bus service is cheaper but, as far as I understand, more complicated to access. You need to train to Haverfordwest - you may have to go via Cardiff and / of Swansea. From Haverfordwest, there is a local bus to St Davids. Maggie XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK. I'll see what I can do in terms of booking etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just in case you didn't get my texts or emails- I have booked!!! Arriving in London on June 30th and leaving July 8th. I'd like a couple of days in London before I fly out, but that still leaves us with most of a week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Could you find out the bus timetables for Haverfordwest- I need to try and work out whether I'll be able to get on a train from the airport to get there (getting into london 10:30 am) or whether I'll have to stay overnight and get the train the next morning. I am getting the emails you are sending me by the way...

    ReplyDelete