Friday, June 11, 2010

A Trip to Whitesands (Porth Mawr????)


This is the road to Whitesands with Carn Llidi in the distance.  Below is Carn Llidi - familiar to some from my 'From a Mountain Top' essay in Class 1A.
The last of the bluebells are in the hedgerows.
Here's Mum outside my cousin Lola's place near Whitesands with Carn Llidi in the background.
The not so beautiful Whitesands carpark.
We walked to the end of Whitesands.  You can see why we loved playing there as kids.
This is Carn Llidi from the end of Whitesands.
Then we caught the Celtic Coaster bus back to St Davids via Porth Clais and St Justinians.  I haven't posted pictures before because I've just been overwhelmed with the beauty

3 comments:

  1. Hey Maggie (and Hilda!), Corinne here. So impressed with your blog with all its beautiful pictures and interesting asides. Your Wales looks like every lovely summer holiday I've ever had and reminds me of my childhood adventures on the Isle of Wight. Hope the weather and everything else stays perfect for you! XXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. CK - so pleased you've tuned in - by amazing coincidence I was talking about you this morning to my cousin and his son. We had just returned from today's walk (which I'll post when my phone / camera is recharged)and were sitting in the cafe at Whitesands when something happened which reminded me of how we bonded after Tina H told the story of her father chopping off his toes with the lawn mower... XXXX

    ReplyDelete