Sunday, June 13, 2010

Walk from Caerfai to St Non's.

Don't think I'm going to spoil you with huge postings like this everyday - it takes me as long to blog as to do the walk.  These are walks I intend to do many times over but I'll blog them while they're still novel to me - and the weather is fine - and I remember to take the phone / camera...
This is the end of our street where some foolhardy, death-seeking person has hung the English flag for the start of the World Cup.  Most locals will barrack for any side but England.

Turn right and we're on our way to Caerfai.  There's a dairy there making organic cheeses.  Lucky cows.
They have a lovely view of the sea.
Caerfai is at the end of the road.  You have to walk down a zillion steps to get to the beach.  Today Mum and I are sticking to the cliff tops.
Looking back a bit
The path ahead
A glimpse of our destination - St Non's Chapel.   St Non is the mother of St David
We're not stopping today.  Mum on the home stretch, back to Aunty Eirwen's house.

No comments:

Post a Comment