Sunday, July 25, 2010

A bit more of Wales

Since I have the chance, thought I'd post our last cuppla days in Wales.  Dave took Mum, Cairo and me to Tregwynt Woollen Mill.

From there we went to Abermawr which is my sort of beach.

Dave said that when he was a child, his parents (my Aunty Dorothy and Uncle Bill) went through a stage of going to this beach everyday and even I can admit that for a child it may have been hellish when there are lovely beaches like Whitesand.  Imagine those stones hurling around you in the water.  I thought it was rather noble of him to take us there.

David of the White Rock.

I'm glad we didn't take Georgia there.


We would never have got away...

From there we went to Strumble Head to see the light house
and were lucky enough to see a seal (if you look very carefully).
And here's another photo for Georgia - the colours of her cap from Tregwynt Mill.

3 comments:

  1. no, we would have got away, but I would have needed another suitcase to bring home all those rocks for my mantlepiece! Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I got out my travel diary this morning to see if the wood henge which is being made much of in the Australian papers at the moment, might be the same one near Stonehenge that we visited in 1980. Judging by the DoE booklet, it looks like it might be.

    More relevantly, I turned the pages to our brief Welsh adventures and discovered that it is 30 years to the day (allowing for time difference) since we arrived in Cardiff by boat from Rosslare. We rented a car for 46 quid a week (with no indicators, it transpired!) and headed off for a 9 day whirlwind tour. - megalithic monuments, haunting remains of 3rd /4th century villages, sheep, mountains, woollen mills, lakes, valleys, slate mines, cathedrals, castles, beaches, tourists, 100-years-of-rugby celebrations, Devil's Bridge, soft grey buildings..

    ReplyDelete
  3. George - should have mentioned that the lighthouse is Strumble Head - the one you mention in your blog looking north from Porthgain.
    Lady Jayne - see, we are linked by the goddess. And the lack of indicators was so people wouldn't know that you're tourists... very thoughtful the Welsh.
    XXXX

    ReplyDelete