Wednesday, July 14, 2010

News flash for George

Today we found the Devil's Footprints at the Cathedral - about our 5th attempt.  I think it's a bit of a swizz actually.  I suppose the bishop gets up early in the morning to do it.
The story is that St David and the Devil had a fight on the roof of the cathedral.  The Devil fled leaving these footprints.   St David, presumably, is still up there.

For our fellow-hunters, the footprints are on the middle grave between the second and third windows on the south side.  As Georgia noted, the cathedral has a pleasing lack of repetition and symmetry. 

1 comment:

  1. See, I know I looked at that grave, but I STILL don't really see the devil's footprints. I mean, he is the devil after all- I think I expected something a big more...DEVILISH.

    ReplyDelete